How Air Conditioners Work
Do you find yourself asking, “Why should I buy a portable air conditioner?” Here’s why.
- They’re inexpensive. Portable air conditioners are relatively easy on the pocket in comparison to your typical central heat and air unit. The cost of portable air conditioners increases as the amount of square footage being cooled expands; however, its cooling system uses less electricity than a regular air conditioner because it recycles both air and water.
- They’re energy-efficient. Portable A/C units use air existing within the room instead of the warm air outside. They dehumidify the air and then use the condensation to boost the cooling quality, meanwhile releasing the excess hot air outside through an exhaust hose. They’re also programmable, so you can choose the temperature and either continuous or periodic operation.
- They’re mobile. They’re called “portable” for a reason. Portable air conditioners come equipped with wheels allowing the user to move them from room to room with ease. Smaller models are also lightweight, making them even more effortlessly transportable. godrej 1 ton 3 star inverter split ac
- They’re versatile. Don’t let the name fool you. A portable air conditioner can do far more than keep you cool. As they work to cool, they dehumidify the air, making it easy to breathe. Many models also dual as heaters for the frosty winter months, keeping your room at the perfect temperature all year long. Furthermore, if you’re a fan of clean air, the UV light feature kills bacteria, yeasts, molds, and viruses in the air.
- They’re easy to set-up. Last but not least, it is not necessary for portable air conditioners to be permanently installed. They simply need to be placed in an accommodating space, near an electrical outlet, and in close proximity to an opening where the exhaust hose can be established.
Proper sizing for portable air conditioners is one of the most important steps in making the best purchasing decision. A good rule of thumb is that for every 400 square feet to be cooled, you will need 12,000 BTU’s of cooling, which is equivalant to a one ton portable air conditioner.